Sunday, April 28, 2013

C4T #4

To Teach is Human - Part One:

StumpenhorstThis post is about how Mr. Stumpenhorst had the opportunity to hear Daniel Pink at North Central College. Mr. Pink discussed three skills from his books about business that Mr. Steumphorst thought coordinated with teaching: attunement, buoyancy, and clarity. I commented saying that these skills are very important in life and are very important when teaching. Each of these traits play a key role in being a successful teacher. I summarized my thoughts on each trait and explained why I thought they were important in teaching. I also said that this was a very informative post for using these traits and I hope to convey these traits when I become a teacher.

To Teach is Human - Part Two:
 
The second part of this post was about information asymmetry. Which is students only being able to attain information from school and teacher. Well that isn't the case anymore. Students can find information every where now! Mr. Stumpenhorst says you would think that we would not need teachers now since this is possible; but, in fact, this is when we need teachers more. I commented saying that I totally agree that teachers are needed more than ever when it comes to students finding information from other sources. I also stated that I think this is a good opportunity for teachers to step in and show students how to find the good information from the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment