Friday, April 5, 2013

Blog Post #11

Ms. Cassidy Techniques:

Student BlogsMs. Cassidy had a lot of very great tips and ideas about using technology inside the classroom. I think she is a doing a fabulous job with getting her children involved in this type of learning. My mother and brothers live in Canada and I hope that one day my brothers will be doing this type of learning in their school. Ms. Cassidy does a great job providing a lot of different ways for students to interact through the internet with other students in different places. She lets them publish their work on wiki-space. That is a great way to let everyone see what kind of work the students are doing and other people can learn from it; which makes it really awesome! I think the privacy Ms. Casssidy keeps for her students is a really good idea. The internet is a great place but at the same time some people do not use the internet appropriately. It is a great way to publish their work but keep their identity limited to the public. I think I definitely have student blogs in my classroom; I hope I have all the resources available for me to do that as well. I think the students would really enjoy it because students love when people give them feedback on their work. I think it is a great mechanism to keep students striving forward with their education. It is really hard to get students to stay on task and I think giving them the opportunity to have that experience would really make them enjoy school. I think blogging is a great experience for students to broaden their horizon with their writing. Ms. Cassidy's students really enjoy writing, even though it only consists of a sentence or maybe two. She also said since they have started writing regularly, that her students have become better writers. Blogging does a lot of good things for students; they become better writers, they learn how to interact with other people, they know how to "talk" appropriately over the internet, etc. Theses are great skills that will take them far in life. I hope to one day use all of this information in my classroom.
 

1 comment:

  1. "It is really hard to get students to stay on task..." And not just in K-12!

    As you know, I am an enthusiastic fan of blogging. I hope you will be a blogging teacher!

    ReplyDelete