Saturday, February 23, 2013

Blog Post # 6





The Networked Student:

The Networked Student
This was a very interesting video to watch. I thought it was an eye opener and it explains students learning on the internet very well. I think it is great that online courses are so broad and there are many different resources. The fact that this student can get some of the top professors from different universities/colleges is amazing. I know online courses are very difficult because of the fact you do not have the one on one interaction that some people need to learn. This specific teacher provides a lot of different ways to obtain the information such as: podcasts, blogs, etc. This student also has the opportunity to comment on other blogs to ask any questions that he would like to know to that specific person. As for the question, "why does the networked student need a teacher?". He does need this teacher because she guides the way for his success. Everything she wants him to learn is for a reason. She teaches him how to search for information and which information is useful and which is not. The most important information she teaches him is that he must learn how to communicate effectively and ask respectfully for help when necessary. This is very important when using online information and blogs.
A 7th Graders Personal Environment: 

This is a very organized way to do online school work. She has a great system going for her school work; I was very impressed. The way her personal learning is set up is perfect for her and the way she learns; which is great because like she said " there are not any rules for her to follow and it is the way she wants to do it". I think I would set mine up the same way. I would have my social networking at the top along with my person email: This would be because I could check it all at once. Then I would have the most important at the bottom; just like this student. It makes things more organized and grouping things with similarity makes things easier to find. This is a great video to watch and understand how PLN works.

 



2 comments:

  1. Baldwin County is now ephasizing the use of challenge based, project-based and problem-based learning strategies at all grade levels. These efforts are similar to the networked student's approach to learning except the approaches vary according to grade. If you are not prepared or are not willing to be a networked teacher you can cross Baldwin County off your list of potential employers. So get ready to be a Networked Teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved watching The Networking Student as well! I think its great for students to be able to connect with their teachers and classes through technology. I think that having a teacher is very important too but being able to teach yourself through PLN is pretty interesting. I think that organization is key to success, especially with online schooling, so I agree also that this is a great video to watch and be able to relate on how PLN works. Great post, good luck with EDM310!
    -Gabby

    ReplyDelete