Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Blog Assignment #1

About Me
My name is Kayla Ann Sandifer and I am 22 years old. I have lived in Saraland, Alabama my entire life and I am the oldest of 3 children. I have one main interest in my life and that is dance. I have danced my entire life, which is now 19 years, and it has brought me here to the University of South Alabama. I have been on the team for 3 years and this is my second year as captain. Besides dancing, which I do a lot, I love to travel. I have been to awesome places such as: Bahamas, Key West, Canada, Mexico, and a lot of different cities throughout the United States. I love sports; I am a huge Jags fan..GO SOUTH! and of course Roll Tide. I have 2 dogs named Monkey and Maggie, they are black pugs. I also love to shop and do all the typical things girls love to do! My favorite color is purple.  I am allergic to pork, very random, but I think it's very interesting because I'm the only person I know that is allergic to pork.

Why I Chose Education

I chose Elementary Education because of my love for children. I also think this is a very beneficial job for me to have because I can watch children grow and become smarter and that to me is rewarding. I want my classroom to be a place where learning is fun. Not only will that make learning more fun for the children it will make my job more enjoyable. I do not want learning to seem like a chore to my students, more of a fun game of interesting facts. I hope to be able to use a Smart Board in my classroom. I think this will be a very beneficial tool in my classroom. It is a fun way to learn and the children can get involved and show me what they learn on the board rather than pencil and paper. Personally, I would love to teach kindergarten or first grade. Those are the most valuable learning stages of your life; You learn the basics of every subject in kindergarten/first grade. I had the best kindergarten teacher; she built my foundation of learning and did an amazing job. I should give her the credit for me wanting to be a teacher.

Randy Pausch On Time Management

I learned a lot from Randy Pausch's video. I learned that I need to always ask "why". "Why" am I doing certain things in my life. This will help you figure out what you want to do in life. I also learned that time is very valuable and you can not get it back. Which means you always need to have a plan or to-do list. These are very effective in getting things done. You can do these for the day, week, or for however long you need it for. This is very helpful in accomplishing your tasks. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kayla!! It's strange that I got assigned to you because you're a Prowler and I'm a cheerleader and I don't think I have met you yet. So hey! I think you being allergic to pork is very unusual and I've never met anyone that is allergic to it. I love that you want to make your classroom fun because I believe that learning should be fun and that kids should want to come to school to learn because like you said, learning shouldn't be a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone in pork allergies! There are many of you!

    Well written. Welcome to EDM310!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete